You must be in possession of a valid passport. It must be still valid at least 6 months as from the date of entry in the country.
► For a stay of less than 30 days , you do not need visa . (for the Member of European community )
► For a stay higher than 30 day, you must ask for a Tourist visa at the immigration office in Bangkok, which gives you the right to stay 60 days. Price: 30 €
To obtain a tourist visa, you must provide :
- a valid passport 6 months minimum starting from the date of entry in the country,
- 2 photographs of identity
- a form of request for visa.
► Don't exceed the date limits of your visa! You will have to pay 200 B per additional day exceeding the date of limit of the visa .
► You will have 500 Thai Baht to pay with the airport at the time of your departure.
No obligatory vaccination
the majority of the international credit cards (Visa, American Express train, Dinners, white Chart, Mastercard) are accepted in the banks and in the tradesmen (hotels, restaurants, shops). The most significant banks (Bangkok Bank, Thai Danu Bank, Thai Farmers Bank and Siam Commercial Bank) carry out the exchange transactions. Many slot-machines allow withdrawals any hour in the street.
- the travellers' cheques made out in dollars or euros are exchanged in all the banks and at the approved changers.
- the foreign visitors are authorized to open a bank account in any commercial bank. In favour of the non-residents, no restriction exists on the movements of the account as long as the funds come from abroad.
220 Volts, 50 periods . In the hotels as in the houses, the catches are often mixed, i.e. that they accept cards punts (US type) or rounds (European standard). The majority of the apparatuses made in Thailand are equipped with catches with cards punts.
for calls abroad call 001 first, then the country code.
You will find a lot of Cybercafés .
Phone number of touristic police : 1155
- The British Embassy : www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-embassy-bangkok
- The Embassy of the United States of America : www.bangkok.usembassy.gov/
- The Australian Embassy : www.thailand.embassy.gov.au
- The Embassy of Japan : www.th.emb-japan.go.jp
- The Embassy of Spain : www.exteriores.gob.es
- The Embassy of the Russian Federation : www.thailand.mid.ru/
- The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany : www.bangkok.diplo.de/Vertretung/bangkok/de/Startseite.html
- The Embassy of the Czech Republic : www.mzv.cz/wwwo/?zu=bangkok
- The Royal Danish Embassy : thailand.um.dk/
- Embassy of Belgium : www.diplomatie.be/bangkok/
- Embassy of Switzerland : www.eda.admin.ch/bangkok
- Canadian Embassy : www.canadainternational.gc.ca/thailand-thailande/contact-contactez.aspx
- French Embassy : www.ambafrance-th.org
The French Consulate, Phuket
P.O. Box 260 Phuket
Tel: 0-7639-1152 - Fax: 0-7639-1152
The Consulate-General of the Republic of Finland, Phuket
A.T. Corporation Ltd., 93-93/1-9, Phuket Road, Phuket
Tel: (076) 211-322, (076) 214-433, (076) 215-585 - Fax: (076) 212-503
The Consulate of the Republic of Austria, Phuket
2, Virathongyok Raod, M.4, Wichit District, Phuket
Tel: (076) 248-334/6 - Fax: (076) 248-337
The Consulate of Sweden, Phuket
Pearl Village Hotel, Nai Yang Beach and National Park, Phuket
Tel: (076) 327-006 - Fax:(076) 327-338